My own immigration story started back in November 2003 when I first applied to enter the UK under the Tier 5 route, which is no longer available to South Africans – I was one of the lucky ones! I arrived in London straight from the Bushveld in South Africa and to say it was a culture shock is, to say the least! I arrived on a cold damp morning and thought London was freezing… until I moved to Yorkshire in April 2004 that is. Ha!
Like so many others, I emigrated to the UK on my own and 8 years later I proudly became a British Citizen. Why am I telling you this? Well, I get it! I completely understand how stressful and expensive emigrating to another country can be. The psychological impact of emigrating, the family/friends/animals you leave behind, the stress and cost of the visa process and this is all just the start of a very long, hard journey.
When I speak to parents or agents of students, I can empathise and reassure them that through my own experiences and work experience, they are in safe hands and shall be there with them every step of the way to guide and assist. I previously worked as Head of Compliance, providing advice on all sponsor licence and student matters for a large number of independent schools and colleges. My experience includes but is not limited to:
- Applying for a sponsor licence;
- Partnership agreements;
- Adding additional study sites;
- UKVI inspection preparation; attendance and lead the inspection;
- Mock inspections and reports;
- Liaising with Home Office, agents, parents, admissions departments and other stakeholders;
- Assist with admissions and international students policies
- Training for boarding staff;
- Managing sponsor licences, including applying for the annual BCA and CAS allocations;
- Managing documentary evidence (appendix D);
- Reporting on both licence and student related matters;
- Providing advice on the Child Student and Student route (previously Tier 4);
- Assist with visa applications, drafting and issuing CAS;
- BRP queries
and many more…..
Now you know a little about me and hopefully, after you have checked out my website, you know more about what Holmes & Partners Ltd can offer you.
We are here to help, so please feel free to get in touch anytime.