Permitted Paid Engagement Visa

Have you been invited to visit the UK as an expert in your profession?  

Holmes & Partners can assist you in applying for your Permitted Paid Engagement Visa. 

These visas are granted to people who have been invited to the UK, by an organisation or client based in the UK. Permitted Paid Engagement  Visas only last one month and cannot be extended. This is much shorter than a UK Visitor Visa.  

Do you need a UK visa?

Try our simple and easy to use questionnaire to find out which UK visa you may be entitled to.
Permitted Paid Engagement Visa Eligibility
To be eligible you must have been formally invited by a UK-based organisation to attend a pre-arranged event or other permitted engagement. This event or engagement must relate directly to your expertise, qualifications, and main job in your home country.

  • You must also be at least 18 or over.

  • Your visit to the UK must last no longer than one month.

  • You will leave the UK at the end of your visit.

  • You must be able to support yourself during your trip (or have funding from someone else to support you).

  • You must be able to pay for your return or onward journey (or have funding from someone else to pay for the journey).

  • You will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits or make the UK your main home.

Do I Need a Visa to Visit the UK for Work?
Depending on your nationality and other criteria, you may be able to visit the UK for up to one month without needing a Visa, contact us today and we can provide bespoke advice based on your unique situation.
What Can I do on a Permitted Paid Engagement Visa?
Permitted Paid Engagement Visas allow you to be invited and paid by a UK-based organisation or client during a one month visit to the UK.

During that time you can conduct the following work:

  • as a professional artist, entertainer or musician

  • as a professional sportsperson

  • as a qualified lawyer - to represent a client

  • to give a lecture or series of lectures

  • as an academic - to be a student examiner or assessor

  • as an air pilot examiner

You cannot:

  • do paid work unrelated to your main overseas job or area of expertise

  • study (to study in the UK, you will need a Student Visa)

  • live in the UK for extended periods

  • claim public funds (benefits)

  • pass through the UK to another country (‘in transit’)

  • marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership - you’ll need to apply for a Marriage Visitor visa

If you are unsure if you are eligible for a Permitted Paid Engagement Visa, contact us today and our team of immigration consultants can assess your criteria and advise on the next steps.

Why Choose Holmes & Partners Ltd?

We are a small, local firm based in Leeds who work with clients worldwide. Our small size means we can offer a tailored, personal approach to all our clients, focused around their needs. At Holmes & Partners Ltd, our team are all experienced in visas and immigration, many on a first-hand basis, and so really are experts in their fields. We can take care of the entire visa process for you, as well as offering support and advice whenever you may need it, leaving you free to enjoy your time studying in the UK. Our services are charged on a fixed fee rate, so there are no hidden extras or nasty surprises when it comes to paying the bill.
Orage Icon

Get in touch today!

Get In Touch Today!

Our skilled and friendly team are ready to answer all of your questions and to fully support you during your visa application process. Contact our team today for advice and support.