Individual Visa Services in the UK

Skilled Worker Visas, UK Visitor Visas & Family Visitor Visas

Holmes & Partners Ltd offers a wide range of individual visa services for those who are looking to visit the UK on a short-term or long-term basis. Our visa services extend worldwide for anyone who wants to enter the UK, with a focus on those in the EU, America, Nigeria, Africa, China, Hong Kong, Russia, Turkey and Ukraine. Whether you are looking to work in the UK or want to visit your family here, our friendly team are here to support you throughout your visa application process.

Do you need a UK visa?

Try our simple and easy to use questionnaire to find out which UK visa you may be entitled to.
Orage Icon

Skilled Worker Visa

The skilled worker visa replaces the Tier 2 (General) work visa for those outside of the UK to enter the country for work. These visas last for up to five years before they need to be extended.

In order to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa, the applicant will need to provide evidence of working for a UK employer with an approved Home Office sponsor licence.

The applicant can bring their partner or dependent children with them if they are eligible. This route may lead to settlement in the UK.

Eligibility for a Skilled Worker Visa
To apply for a Skilled Worker Visa, you must:

  • Have a Certificate of Sponsorship from your employer. This will provide the information regarding the role that you have been offered in the UK.

  • Work in a job that is on the list of eligible occupations. Get in touch with our team to go through the list of eligible occupations.

  • Earn a minimum salary of £25,600 per year, £10.10 an hour, or the ‘going rate’ for the specific job, whichever is the highest.
UK Visitor Visa
The UK Visitor Visa can be used for business, study, tourism and other permitted activities within the UK. Your visa might be eligible for an extension for certain circumstances such as receiving medical treatment within the UK.
The UK Visitor Visa can be used for:

  • Tourism.

  • Visiting family and friends.

  • Volunteering for up to 30 days.

  • To study for up to six months.
The UK Visitor Visa cannot be used:

  • For paid or unpaid work either for a UK company or being self-employed.

  • To claim benefits or public funds.

  • To live in the UK for an extended period of time through frequent visits.

  • For marriage or to register for a civil partnership – you will need to apply for a marriage visitor visa.

Eligibility for a UK Visitor Visa
To apply for a UK Visitor Visa, you must:

  • Proof that you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit to the country.

  • Proof that you will be able to support yourself and any dependants during your stay.

  • You, or someone else on your behalf, is able to fund a return or outward journey from the UK.

  • You are not permitted to live in the UK for extended periods of time through frequent visits.

  • If you are visiting the UK for study, as an academic or for medical reasons, you can find the separate eligibility criteria here.

  • Entering the UK from Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man come with their own set of requirements.

Orage Icon
Orage Icon

Family Visa

The categories for a family member visa are:

  • Spouse, unmarried partner, and civil partner

  • Ancestry Visa

  • Dependent children

  • Dependent adults

  • Family Visit Visas

  • EEA Family Permit

Eligibility for a Family Member Visa
Depending on which category you fall under – partner/spouse, parent, child etc – will depend on your individual eligibility criteria as well as the visa your family member is under. For example, you will not be able to apply for a visa if your family member is in the UK temporarily under a Work or Student Visa. 

Why Choose Holmes & Partners Ltd?

We are a small, local firm based in Leeds who work with clients worldwide. Our small size means we can offer a tailored, personal approach to all our clients, focused around their needs. At Holmes & Partners Ltd, our team are all experienced in visas and immigration, many on a first-hand basis, and so really are experts in their fields. We can take care of the entire visa process for you, as well as offering support and advice whenever you may need it, leaving you free to enjoy your time studying in the UK. Our services are charged on a fixed fee rate, so there are no hidden extras or nasty surprises when it comes to paying the bill.
Orage Icon

Get in touch today!

Get In Touch Today!

Our skilled and friendly team are ready to answer all of your questions and to fully support you during your visa application process. Contact our team today for advice and support.