Parent of a Child Student Visa

A Parent of a Child Student Visa is a parent visa allowing a parent to join their child in the UK while they are studying at an independent school. At Holmes & Partners Ltd we are experts in immigration and visa services and can support you along every step of your parent visa application, helping you with all the rules, legislation and documents you need to apply for a Parent of a Child Student Visa.

Do you need a UK visa?

Try our simple and easy to use questionnaire to find out which UK visa you may be entitled to.

Our Parent Visa UK Services

With Holmes & Partners Ltd the parent visa application process will be completely stress free. We offer a comprehensive service which covers everything you will need when applying for a visa for parents, including:

  • Advising on which visa is right for you

  • Helping you compile the documents you need

  • Drafting forms

  • Preparing your application

  • Booking and managing appointments

  • Uploading documents to parent visa application centre portals

  • Consulting with the Home Office and other stakeholders for you

  • Coordinating the approval of your Parent of a Child Student Visa application

  • Answering any questions or queries you have along every step of the application process

What you Need to Know About UK Visas for Parents

A Parent of a Child Student Visa is a visa for parents which allows one parent to join their child in the UK while the child is studying at an independent school. The parent will be able to stay in the UK until their child’s visa expires or the child turns 12, whichever happens first. If you meet the eligibility requirements, you may be able to extend your visa while in the UK to stay for longer. If you have other children who have, or are applying for, a Child Student Visa, you will be able to bring them with you, however, the child’s other parent must remain living outside of the UK. It may be possible for other family members to visit on a Standard Visitor Visa, we will be able to guide you in the right direction with this.
To apply for a parent visa, you must:

  • Be over 18

  • Be the parent of a child aged from 4-11 who has, or is applying for, a Child Student Visa (previously a Tier 4 Child Visa)

  • Meet the financial requirements for the visa

  • Maintain a main home outside of the UK

  • Plan to leave the UK when the parent visa expires

What you Cannot do While in the UK on a Parent Visa

There are some restrictions while you are on a Parent of a Child Student Visa. You are not permitted to:

  • Do paid work

  • Start a business

  • Make the UK your main home

  • Study

  • Apply for benefits (public funds)

  • Switch to a different type of visa

Why Choose Holmes & Partners Ltd?

We are a small, local firm based in Leeds who work with clients worldwide. Our small size means we can offer a tailored, personal approach to all our clients, focused around their needs. At Holmes & Partners Ltd, our team are all experienced in visas and immigration, many on a first-hand basis, and so really are experts in their fields. We can take care of the entire visa process for you, as well as offering support and advice whenever you may need it, leaving you free to enjoy your time studying in the UK. Our services are charged on a fixed fee rate, so there are no hidden extras or nasty surprises when it comes to paying the bill.
Orage Icon

Get in touch today!

Get In Touch Today!

Our skilled and friendly team are ready to answer all of your questions and to fully support you during your visa application process. Contact our team today for advice and support.