UK Visitor Visa & Visits for Permitted Paid Engagement

Holmes & Partners recognise the desire to visit the UK, from exploring our historical and tourism sites to short-term study programmes to boost your knowledge and skills.

Do you need a UK visa?

Try our simple and easy to use questionnaire to find out which UK visa you may be entitled to.

A Visitor Visa

A Visitor Visa allows you to enter the UK for tourism, business, short-term study courses and other permitted activities. This visa allows for a maximum of six months, however, you may be eligible to apply for an extension in certain circumstances such as to receive medical treatment.

Depending on your nationality, you will be able to visit the UK for up to 6 months without a visa however will have to meet the same eligibility requirements for a UK Visitor Visa – please contact a member of our expert team to best advise you from here.
UK Visitor Visa Requirements

To apply for a visitor visa, you must meet the following criteria:

  • You must agree to leave the UK at the end of your stay.

  • You must prove that you can financially support yourself and any dependents during this trip.

  • You can pay for your return or onward journey.

  • You must not live in the UK for extended periods either or make the UK your main home. This includes frequent or successive visits to the UK under multiple visa applications. If you wish to make the UK your main home, you will need to apply for residency.

UK Visitor Visa Restrictions

A Visitor Visa is an ideal opportunity to visit the UK without commitment, however, you must follow certain rules and regulations under this visa.

You are not permitted to:

  • Take on paid or unpaid work for a UK company or as a self-employed individual

  • Claim benefits or other public funds

  • Live in the UK for extended periods through frequent visitations

  • Marry or register a civil partnership. For this, you will need to apply for a marriage visitor visa.

The Holmes & Partners Ltd team will handle all the requirements and restrictions information so you don’t have to. We offer a full end-to-end visa application process to fast-track your visitor visa application. Contact our team for an easy and simple visa application process.

Applying for a UK Tourist Visa
As a visitor to the UK, a visitor visa allows you to enter the country for tourism and leisure activities. The Holmes & Partners Ltd team can help to process your visa application faster than larger firms out there, allowing you to explore the sights of the UK without delay.
Visitor Visa for Business in the UK
For business activities, you can:

  • Attend interviews, meetings, conferences, seminars and trade fairs to promote your business.

  • Negotiate and sign deals/contracts.

  • Attend work-related training if this training is not available in your home country or deliver training with UK employees of the company you work for.

  • Conduct a one-off or a short series of talks. These must not be for profit and you must not be paid for these.

  • Carry out site visits and inspections.

  • Oversee the delivery of goods and/or services.

  • Install, dismantle, repair, service or advise on equipment, computer software and hardware for a UK company that has a contract with your company.

If you are wanting to do paid or unpaid work for a UK company or as a self-employed individual, you will need to apply for a work visa instead. You may be eligible to do certain additional activities as a Standard Visitor depending on your job role. For a full, comprehensive list of these professions please contact a member of our expert visa and immigration team.

Visitor Visa for Study in the UK
If you are looking to study in the UK, a visitor visa will allow you to:

  • Study at an accredited institution.

  • Conduct a short piece of research that directly relates to your course abroad.

  • Do an optional additional placement (an elective) for those studying medicine, veterinary medicine, science, nursing or dentistry.

  • Sit an entrance exam, retake an exam or course module or do a PhD oral exam (a viva)

  • If you are a medical, dental or nursing graduate, you can undertake an unpaid clinical attachment.

  • Take the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) test or the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test.

If you intend to study at an accredited institution, you must prove that you’ve been accepted onto a course within the institution and that the course you have been approved for is no longer than six months.

Visitor Visa for Medical Reasons and Treatment in the UK
You may enter the UK for medical treatment, both privately and through the NHS. Under the Visitor Visa, you can:

  • Have private treatment at a hospital or other medical facility.

  • Have treatment at an NHS hospital.

  • Donate an organ to a family member or close friend.

Visiting for a Permitted, Paid Engagement
You may visit the UK for a permitted paid engagement if you have been invited as an expert in your profession by a UK-based organisation or client. This visit is much shorter than the UK Visitor Visa, only lasting up to one month and you cannot extend your stay in the UK.

Why Choose Holmes & Partners Ltd?

We are a small, local firm based in Leeds who work with clients worldwide. Our small size means we can offer a tailored, personal approach to all our clients, focused around their needs. At Holmes & Partners Ltd, our team are all experienced in visas and immigration, many on a first-hand basis, and so really are experts in their fields. We can take care of the entire visa process for you, as well as offering support and advice whenever you may need it, leaving you free to enjoy your time studying in the UK. Our services are charged on a fixed fee rate, so there are no hidden extras or nasty surprises when it comes to paying the bill.
Orage Icon

Get in touch today!

Get In Touch Today!

Our skilled and friendly team are ready to answer all of your questions and to fully support you during your visa application process. Contact our team today for advice and support.