Secondment Worker Visa

(Global Business Mobility Visa UK)

Holmes & Partners Ltd. are here to offer assistance and guidance on your Secondment Worker Visa application for new opportunities for businesses within the UK. The UK is rich in business opportunities and we welcome overseas employers to the country legally to further their business and professional experience.

A Secondment Worker Visa allows employers outside of the UK to transfer their employees to the UK for an eligible job for a different company.

Do you need a UK visa?

Try our simple and easy to use questionnaire to find out which UK visa you may be entitled to.
Eligibility for a Secondment Worker Visa
To apply for a Secondment Worker Visa:

  • Your employer must have a high-value contract with a UK organisation that has been approved by the Home Office.

  • You must be working for an overseas business that has a contract with a UK sponsor.

  • You must have worked for your overseas business outside the UK for at least 12 months.

  • You must not stay for in the UK any longer than 2 years.

  • You must have a certificate of sponsorship.

  • Your job must meet one of the UK’s list of eligible occupations. Our team will be able to inform you of which job roles are on this list.

Under this visa, you are eligible to bring dependants – your partner and/or children – however, they will need to apply separately and fall under their own eligibility criteria. Our expert visa team will be here to support you on every application you make to achieve a Secondment Worker Visa.

What You Need To Apply
To apply for a Secondment Worker Visa, you will need to provide the following documentation:

  • A valid passport.

  • Your certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor.

  • Your job title and occupation code.

  • The name of your sponsor with their sponsor licence.

  • Evidence of your financial situation such as a bank statement showing your personal savings.

  • If you are from a listed country, you will need to provide your tuberculous test results.


This visa lasts for around a year however this can be extended up to an additional year. Our team can assist you with this if you require an extension to your visa. If your job changes, you will need to apply to update your visa instead.

Yes. Your partner and/or children can join you whilst on Secondment Worker Visa. You will need to provide evidence of your relationship with these individuals and our team can help you with this application alongside your application.

Why Choose Holmes & Partners Ltd?

We are a small, local firm based in Leeds who work with clients worldwide. Our small size means we can offer a tailored, personal approach to all our clients, focused around their needs. At Holmes & Partners Ltd, our team are all experienced in visas and immigration, many on a first-hand basis, and so really are experts in their fields. We can take care of the entire visa process for you, as well as offering support and advice whenever you may need it, leaving you free to enjoy your time studying in the UK. Our services are charged on a fixed fee rate, so there are no hidden extras or nasty surprises when it comes to paying the bill.
Orage Icon

Get in touch today!

Get In Touch Today!

Our skilled and friendly team are ready to answer all of your questions and to fully support you during your visa application process. Contact our team today for advice and support.