UK Expansion Worker Visa

(Global Business Mobility Visa UK)

Holmes & Partners Ltd. are here to offer guidance on your UK Expansion Worker Visa application to allow a swift branch out into the UK. Our team utilise their first-hand experience in applying for UK visas to make this process as streamlined as possible so your business can branch out to the UK and watch your business grow.

A UK Expansion Worker Visa allows businesses to set up a branch of their overseas business in the UK. This visa is for those who have not already started trading within the UK but are looking to branch out and expand their business. This route was previously known as the Representative of an Overseas Business Visa.

Do you need a UK visa?

Try our simple and easy to use questionnaire to find out which UK visa you may be entitled to.
Eligibility For A UK Expansion Worker Visa
To apply for a UK Expansion Worker Visa, you must:

  • Have a certificate of sponsorship from your employer.

  • Have previously worked for your employer overseas.

  • Undertake a job that is listed as an eligible occupation.

  • Be paid at least the minimum eligible salary for your job role.

What You Need To Apply
To submit your visa application as an expansion worker, you will need to provide the following documents:

  • A valid passport.

  • Your certificate of sponsorship reference number from your employer.

  • Your job title, annual salary and job occupation code.

  • The name of your employer with their sponsor licence number.

  • If your partner or children are applying with you, you will need to provide proof of your relationship.

  • Evidence of your financial situation such as bank statements showing you your personal savings.

  • If you are from a listed company, you will need to provide your tuberculosis test results.

You might require other documentation depending on your circumstances, this can include evidence of your employment overseas and a valid ATAS certificate. Our expert team will be able to tell you if and when you require any extra documentation to support your application.

You will need to update your expansion visa if your job role changes to a different occupation code but you must still be employed by the same employer. If your employer changes, your visa will no longer be valid and a new UK Expansion Worker Visa application will need to be processed.


To extend your visa, you will need to fit certain criteria including having the same job as when you initially applied for your UK Expansion Worker Visa and being in the UK in order to process this extension. If you are looking to extend your visa, our team are here to help you with your extension application.

Yes. You do require sponsorship from your employer in order to apply for this visa.

Why Choose Holmes & Partners Ltd?

We are a small, local firm based in Leeds who work with clients worldwide. Our small size means we can offer a tailored, personal approach to all our clients, focused around their needs. At Holmes & Partners Ltd, our team are all experienced in visas and immigration, many on a first-hand basis, and so really are experts in their fields. We can take care of the entire visa process for you, as well as offering support and advice whenever you may need it, leaving you free to enjoy your time studying in the UK. Our services are charged on a fixed fee rate, so there are no hidden extras or nasty surprises when it comes to paying the bill.
Orage Icon

Get in touch today!

Get In Touch Today!

Our skilled and friendly team are ready to answer all of your questions and to fully support you during your visa application process. Contact our team today for advice and support.