UK Spouse, Fiancée, or Unmarried Partner Visa Services

Are you planning to join your partner in the United Kingdom? Whether you are married, engaged, or in a committed relationship, our visa services can help you navigate the requirements and processes to reunite with your loved one in the UK.

Do you need a UK visa?

Try our simple and easy to use questionnaire to find out which UK visa you may be entitled to.
Eligibility Criteria

To apply for a Spouse, Fiancée, or Unmarried Partner Visa, you and your partner must meet certain eligibility criteria:

  • Both you and your partner must be 18 years old or older

  • Your partner must fall into one of the following categories:

  • British or Irish citizen

  • Have settled status in the UK (indefinite leave to remain, settled status, or proof of permanent residence)

  • Be from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, or Liechtenstein with pre-settled status (living in the UK before January 1, 2021)

  • Hold a Turkish Businessperson visa or Turkish Worker visa

  • Have protection status (leave to remain as a refugee, permission to stay as a refugee, or humanitarian protection)

  • A parent entering the UK with their child.

  • You and your partner must have the intention to live together permanently in the UK.
Types of Relationships
You can apply for a Spouse, Fiancée, or Unmarried Partner Visa based on your specific relationship status:

  • If you are already married or in a recognized civil partnership.

  • if you have been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply.

  • If you plan to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving.
Exceptional Circumstances
If you do not meet the standard requirements, you may still be eligible for a visa or permission to stay under certain exceptional circumstances, such as having a child in the UK who is a British or Irish citizen, facing significant difficulties living as a couple outside the UK, or experiencing human rights issues.
How to Prove Your Relationship
You will need to provide evidence of your relationship, such as documents from government agencies, banks, landlords, utility providers, or medical professionals. These documents should confirm your relationship, such as living together, sharing expenses, or being married or in a civil partnership.

Examples of acceptable evidence include:

  • Marriage or civil partnership certificate

  • Tenancy agreement, utility bills, or council tax bills showing shared living expenses

  • Bank statements from a joint account or confirming the same address

  • Letters from a healthcare professional confirming cohabitation
  • Born in the UK
    If you’re under 18, you can be added to your parent’s next visa application as a dependant or you can apply separately. If you are over 18, you can only be included as a dependant if you have permission to stay in the UK on a family visa when you were under 18, do not live an independent life or are applying from inside the UK.
    Length of Stay
    The duration of your stay in the UK on this visa varies depending on your specific circumstances:

  • Spouse or Unmarried Partner: 2 years and 9 months

  • Fiancé or Fiancée: 6 months

    You can apply to extend your stay in the UK if needed.
  • Applying with Children
    If you have children who are under 18 and do not live independently, you can include them as dependants in your application.
    Settling Permanently
    You can apply for indefinite leave to remain (settled status) in the UK after living continuously on a family visa as a partner for 5 years. Time spent in the UK on other visas or as a fiancé or fiancée does not count toward this requirement.
    Pre-9 July 2012 Applicants
    If you applied before July 9, 2012, specific rules apply. You may be eligible to extend your family visa if certain conditions are met. Let us help you reunite with your loved one in the UK.

    Our experienced team can guide you through the application process, ensuring that you meet all the necessary requirements.

    Contact us today to get started on your journey to being together with your partner in the United Kingdom.

    Why Choose Holmes & Partners Ltd?

    We are a small, local firm based in Leeds who work with clients worldwide. Our small size means we can offer a tailored, personal approach to all our clients, focused around their needs. At Holmes & Partners Ltd, our team are all experienced in visas and immigration, many on a first-hand basis, and so really are experts in their fields. We can take care of the entire visa process for you, as well as offering support and advice whenever you may need it, leaving you free to enjoy your time studying in the UK. Our services are charged on a fixed fee rate, so there are no hidden extras or nasty surprises when it comes to paying the bill.
    Orage Icon

    Get in touch today!

    Get In Touch Today!

    Our skilled and friendly team are ready to answer all of your questions and to fully support you during your visa application process. Contact our team today for advice and support.