Sponsor Licence Application

In order to employ someone from outside the UK you will need to apply for a Sponsor Licence (previously a Tier 2 sponsor licence) for your company. This will enable you to sponsor skilled, foreign workers who are based overseas or within the UK. At Holmes & Partners Ltd, we are an experienced immigration and visa consultancy firm and can guide you through the entire Sponsor Licence application process. We work with businesses worldwide ensuring they are complying with immigration rules and regulations.

Do you need a UK visa?

Try our simple and easy to use questionnaire to find out which UK visa you may be entitled to.

Our Sponsor Licence Services

At Holmes & Partners Ltd we will make the Sponsor Licence application process easy and stress-free. We provide a comprehensive service that covers everything to help you apply for a Sponsor Licence, including:

  • Advising on the most appropriate licence for your sector/business needs.

  • Helping you prepare your organisation for the Home Office pre-licence inspection.

  • Assisting with the online application process and mandatory document requirements.

  • Advising on the eligibility and suitability requirements, costs and compliance duties.

  • Providing ongoing advice on record keeping, monitoring and reporting.

  • Notifying the Home Office of any change in circumstances.

Skilled Worker Visa Services

Our team also offer guidance and support throughout the process of obtaining a Skilled Worker Visa.
How to Apply for a Sponsor Licence
If you are a company looking to employ workers from overseas you will need to complete a Sponsor Licence application. As long as you meet all your responsibilities as a sponsor, your licence will be valid for four years with the option to renew after this. UKVI may visit your business to ensure you are successfully carrying out your duties and responsibilities. We can help you prepare for this inspection, so you pass with flying colours.

To apply for a Sponsor Licence, you must:

  • Be a genuine company that is actively trading lawfully in the UK.

  • Have appropriate HR systems in place to monitor sponsored employees and people to manage sponsorship in your business.

  • Comply with all the appropriate rules and regulations.

  • Be considered eligible and suitable to hold a Sponsor Licence.

  • Be honest, dependable and reliable with no unspent criminal offences.

  • Have HMRC, tax and company affairs in good order.

  • Fulfil your duties and responsibilities as a sponsor.

  • Be offering a genuine vacancy that meets the skilled worker criteria.
Types of Sponsor Licence
The Sponsor Licence you will need to apply for depends on the type of workers you want to employ. These can be either Workers or Temporary Workers and you can apply for a licence covering one or both of these areas.

Worker Licence
– for skilled or long-term employment, e.g.

  • Skilled Workers

  • Specialist Workers

Temporary Worker Licence
– for specific types of temporary employment, e.g.

  • Graduate Trainees

  • Service Suppliers

Why Choose Holmes & Partners Ltd?

We are a small, local firm based in Leeds who work with clients worldwide. Our small size means we can offer a tailored, personal approach to all our clients, focused around their needs. At Holmes & Partners Ltd, our team are all experienced in visas and immigration, many on a first-hand basis, and so really are experts in their fields. We can take care of the entire visa process for you, as well as offering support and advice whenever you may need it, leaving you free to enjoy your time studying in the UK. Our services are charged on a fixed fee rate, so there are no hidden extras or nasty surprises when it comes to paying the bill.
Orage Icon

Get in touch today!

Get In Touch Today!

Our skilled and friendly team are ready to answer all of your questions and to fully support you during your visa application process. Contact our team today for advice and support.