Child Dependent Visa Services

Our Child Dependent Support Service is dedicated to helping children reunite with their parents in the United Kingdom. We understand the importance of family unity and strive to provide guidance and assistance for eligible children who wish to join their parent(s) living in the UK. Whether you were born in the UK or outside of it, we are here to simplify the application process and make your family reunion a reality.

Do you need a UK visa?

Try our simple and easy to use questionnaire to find out which UK visa you may be entitled to.
Eligibility Criteria

Eligibility for a Child Dependent Visa depends on various factors, including your age, your parent's immigration status, and whether you were born in the UK or outside of it. Here are the key requirements:

    If you were born in the UK, you have two options to join your parent(s):

  • You can be included as a dependant in your parent's visa application.

    You can apply for a Child Dependent Visa separately if you meet the following criteria:

  • You must live with your parent in the UK, unless you are in full-time education away from home, such as at a boarding school or university.

  • You must not be married or in a civil partnership.

  • If you are under 18, you need to know the type of permission to stay ('limited leave to remain') your parent has.

  • If you are 18 or over, you can only apply if you had permission to stay in the UK ('leave to enter or remain') when you were under 18, and your parent must apply from inside the UK.

If You Were Born Outside The UK
If you were born outside the UK, the eligibility criteria differ based on your age and your parent's immigration status:

If You're Under 18:

  • One of your parents must be applying or have applied for a visa or an extension of their permission to stay as a:

  • Partner, and the partner they are joining is your other parent.

  • Parent, and they have sole parental responsibility for you.

  • Otherwise, you may still be eligible to apply if there are compelling reasons to let you come to or stay in the UK, and there are plans for your care.

    If You Are Over 18:

  • Your parent can include you in their application as a dependant, or you can apply separately if you had permission to stay in the UK ('leave to remain') on a family visa that began when you were under 18. Your parent must also apply from inside the UK.

    We will guide you through the entire application process, ensuring you have all the necessary information and documents required for your specific situation.

    The application process varies depending on your parent's immigration status, and we will help you select the appropriate form and provide comprehensive support to ensure a smooth application process.
  • Why Choose Holmes & Partners Ltd?

    We are a small, local firm based in Leeds who work with clients worldwide. Our small size means we can offer a tailored, personal approach to all our clients, focused around their needs. At Holmes & Partners Ltd, our team are all experienced in visas and immigration, many on a first-hand basis, and so really are experts in their fields. We can take care of the entire visa process for you, as well as offering support and advice whenever you may need it, leaving you free to enjoy your time studying in the UK. Our services are charged on a fixed fee rate, so there are no hidden extras or nasty surprises when it comes to paying the bill.
    Orage Icon

    Get in touch today!

    Get In Touch Today!

    Our skilled and friendly team are ready to answer all of your questions and to fully support you during your visa application process. Contact our team today for advice and support.