Senior or Specialist Worker Visa

(Global Business Mobility Visa UK)

As a UK-based business, Holmes & Partners Ltd. welcomes new workers to the UK through the Senior or Specialist Worker Visa which allows companies to relocate their international employees to their UK branches.

The Senior or Specialist Worker Visa is specifically for senior or specialist employees who are currently working abroad for a company looking to send employees to an already established UK branch. This visa was previously known as the Intra-company Transfer visa.

If you are enlisted in a graduate trainee programme, you will need to apply for a Graduate Trainee Visa.

Do you need a UK visa?

Try our simple and easy to use questionnaire to find out which UK visa you may be entitled to.
Eligibility for a Senior or Specialist Worker Visa

  • You must have been working for your company for a cumulative period of 12 months or longer.

  • You must have a valid certificate of sponsorship from a UK sponsor and your UK sponsor must be approved by the Home Office.

  • Your job must be included on the Home Office’s list of eligible occupations, which our helpful team can go over with you. You will need to provide us with your 4-digit occupation code for this.

  • Your annual salary must be a minimum of £42,400 or the ‘going rate’ of the job, whichever amount is higher.

The maximum period you can stay under a Specialist Worker Visa is 5 years however this rule does change if you are £73,900 or more annually. Our visa and immigration experts keep up to date on the rules and regulations surrounding this and are here to support you.

What You Need To Apply
To apply for a Senior or Specialist Worker Visa, you will need:

  • A valid passport.

  • Your unique reference number on your certificate of sponsorship.

  • Your job title, annual salary and your job occupation code.

  • Your sponsor licence number with the name of your employer.

  • Evidence of your current financial situation such as your bank statement showing your personal savings.

You might require further documentation, depending on your circumstances, such as a valid ATAS certificate or evidence that you have worked for your employer outside of the UK. Our expert visa and immigration team are on hand to finalise the documents you will require to submit the application to the Home Office for processing.


Yes any dependants such as your partner and/or children can join you on your stay in the UK. The Holmes and Partners team of visa experts can assist with their applications alongside your own and ensure that they meet the right eligibility criteria.

Extending your visa is an option under this route however you will need to meet the following:

  • You are employed under the same job role as when you were granted legal access to the UK.

  • Your job has the same occupation code as when you were granted legal access to the UK.

  • You are still working for the same employer who gave you your certificate of sponsorship.

  • You have not reached the maximum total stay of 5 years.

Our team can assist you in the process of extending your visa with a faster-processing rate.

Why Choose Holmes & Partners Ltd?

We are a small, local firm based in Leeds who work with clients worldwide. Our small size means we can offer a tailored, personal approach to all our clients, focused around their needs. At Holmes & Partners Ltd, our team are all experienced in visas and immigration, many on a first-hand basis, and so really are experts in their fields. We can take care of the entire visa process for you, as well as offering support and advice whenever you may need it, leaving you free to enjoy your time studying in the UK. Our services are charged on a fixed fee rate, so there are no hidden extras or nasty surprises when it comes to paying the bill.
Orage Icon

Get in touch today!

Get In Touch Today!

Our skilled and friendly team are ready to answer all of your questions and to fully support you during your visa application process. Contact our team today for advice and support.