Student & Graduate Visas

Holmes and Partners is a trusted UK-based immigration consultancy. As a specialist in student visas, we offer a wide range of services designed to address every aspect of the visa application process. We work with all people, from the youngest students to university hopefuls. With our support, your academic aspirations in the UK are well within reach.  

Do you need a UK visa?

Try our simple and easy to use questionnaire to find out which UK visa you may be entitled to.

Our Comprehensive Student Visa Services

At Holmes and Partners, we take pride in offering an all-inclusive service that covers every detail of obtaining a UK student visa:

  • Personalised Guidance: Expert advice on choosing the right student visa.

  • Document Review: Checking and advising on all necessary documentation.

  • Application Drafting: Meticulous preparation of your visa application.

  • Appointment Management: organising and scheduling necessary appointments.

  • Document Uploading: Help with submission to visa application centres.

  • Home Office Liaison: Managing communications with UK immigration authorities.

  • Visa Application Coordination: Overseeing the entire process until approval.

  • Get the professional support and peace of mind you deserve.
Orage Icon

Finding the Right School for Your Child in the UK

Not only do we handle visa applications, but we also assist in finding the perfect independent school for your child. Our connections with top UK schools enable us to help you select an institution that aligns with your expectations for academic excellence, pastoral care, and enriching extracurricular opportunities.
Understanding Child Student Visas 
The UK Child Student Visa is tailored for young international scholars aged between 4 and 17, allowing them to partake in the prestigious UK education system. Here is what you need to know:

  • Duration of Stay: Up to six years plus four months after course completion for under-16s, and up to three years plus four months for those aged 16 and 17.

  • Parental Support: For children under 12, parents can accompany them by applying for a Parent-of-Child-Student Visa.

  • Extension Opportunities: Possibilities exist for visa extensions, allowing students to continue their UK education journey.

  • To be eligible, applicants must have accepted an unconditional offer of place at an independent school, sufficient funds for their stay, and parental consent.

  • Tailored Assistance for All Ages and Study Levels

    Whether you are applying for a child student visa or looking to undertake higher education on a student visa, Holmes and Partners is equipped to manage the full scope of requirements.

    We offer detailed advice for students and parents alike, including assistance with dependent applications and advice on post-study work opportunities.
  • Visa For Parents of Student
    A Parent of a Child Student Visa allows parents to join their child in the UK during the time they are studying. The parent will be able to stay in the UK until their child’s visa expires or the child turns 12, whichever happens first.
    Graduate Visas
    Graduate Visas allow you to stay in the UK for at least two years after successfully completing your course in the UK.

    To apply for a Graduate Visa, you must:

    • Have successfully completed a course in the UK.

    • Be in the UK when you apply.

    • Currently have a Student Visa or Tier 4 (General) Student Visa.

    Common Student Visa Questions

    Are student visa holders considered residents in the UK?

    • Student visa holders in the UK are considered temporary residents. They have certain rights and restrictions, such as work limitations and no access to public funds. 

    What are student visa conditions in the UK?

    • Conditions include restrictions on work and access to public funds 

    What are student visa conditions in the UK?

    • Conditions include restrictions on work and access to public funds 

    What are the student visa requirements for the UK?

    • You need a confirmed place at a licenced institution, sufficient funds, English language proficiency, and consent if you are under 18.  

    Can student visa holders work in the UK?

    • Yes, depending on the level of study and type of institution, you may work a certain number of hours per week.  

    Common Student Visa Questions Continued

    Can student visa holders get married in the UK?

    • Yes, student visa holders can get married in the UK, but they must inform the Home Office if their marital status changes.  

    Can student visa holders work full-time in the UK?

    • They can work full-time during vacations and after their course end date until the visa expires.  

    Can a student visa be changed to a work visa in the UK?

    • Yes, you can switch to a work visa if you meet the other visa requirements without leaving the UK.  

    Can student visas be rejected?

    • Yes, due to several reasons such as insufficient funds, incorrect documentation, or failure to meet eligibility criteria.  

    Can a student visa be extended in the UK?

    • Yes, if you continue to meet the requirements, such as being offered more studies by an approved institution.  

    Common Student Visa Questions

    Can student visa holders apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)?

    • Time spent on a student visa does not count towards ILR.  

    Can a student visa holder bring their spouse to the UK?

    • The rule change that came into effect on the 1st January 2024 prohibits student visa holders from bringing their dependents with them.  

    How does a student visa work in the UK?

    • It allows you to study, work part-time during term time, and work full-time during vacations.  

    How much is a student visa in the UK?

    • The cost is £490 if you are applying from outside the UK and £490 to extend or switch to a student visa from inside the UK.  

    When does a student visa expire in the UK?

    • It expires at the end of the course duration plus a few months, depending on the length of the course.  

    Common Student Visa Questions Continued

    When should I apply for a student visa in the UK?

    • You can apply up to 6 months before your course starts if you are applying from outside the UK.   

    Where can I get a student visa in the UK?

    • Applications can be completed online through the official UK government website. However, to ensure your application is approved you can begin your application with the Holmes and Partners team today. 

    Which student visa is easy to get?

    • Visa difficulty varies based on individual circumstances, not the visa category itself.  

    Why do student visas get rejected?

    • Common reasons include incomplete applications, a lack of evidence of intention to leave the UK, or insufficient funds.  

    Student visa or work visa, which is better in the UK?

    • It depends on your goals; for studying, a student visa is needed, while for working, a work visa is appropriate 

    Student visa vs. graduate visa in the UK?

    • A student visa is for education, while a graduate visa allows you to work or look for work after completing your studies.   

    What is the process for a student visa in the UK?

    Obtaining a student visa can be quite complicated, but in our experience, most applications follow a similar path to this: 

    • Choose a licenced sponsor. 
    • Get a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)., 
    • prepare documents, 
    • apply online, 
    • pay fees, 
    • attend an interview if required.  

    Why Choose Holmes & Partners Ltd?

    Why choose Holmes & Partners Ltd.? Located in Leeds and serving clients globally, our small yet expert team ensures a personalised experience. Our staff, experienced in visa and immigration matters, will guide you through the complexities of the visa process. With a fixed-fee rate, our transparent pricing structure means no surprises, just dedicated support, and guidance every step of the way.

    Contact Holmes and Partners to arrange a consultation and secure your student visa support. Let us handle the details while you focus on the excitement of learning and living in the UK.
    Orage Icon

    Get in touch today!

    Get In Touch Today!

    Our skilled and friendly team are ready to answer all of your questions and to fully support you during your visa application process. Contact our team today for advice and support.