What is a Seasonal Worker Visa?

2022 Sees 38,000 Seasonal Worker Visas Available, the Highest Figure Since the new Seasonal Worker scheme launched in March 2019

Find out More About the Latest 2022 Updates to Seasonal Worker Visas

You may have seen the UK government’s recent Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules and wondered what this could mean for you. This statement highlights all the latest updates to the immigration rules in the UK. One notable change involves the Seasonal Worker Visa. This visa now  includes roles in the poultry production sector from 18th October to 31st December each year. This will provide more options for those looking for temporary work in the UK, as well as supporting businesses within the poultry production sector over the busy festive period.

Everything you Need to Know About Seasonal Worker Visas

A Seasonal Worker Visa sits within the temporary work visa sector. It allows those from overseas to come to the UK to undertake temporary work for a short period of time. Horticultural workers can stay in the UK for up to 6 months, while those in the poultry sector can work in the UK between 18th October and 31st December the same year.

Who can Apply for a Seasonal Worker Visa?

To apply for a Seasonal Worker Visa, you must:

  • Be 18 years old or older
  • Have a job offer from an approved sponsor within the UK
  • Have a certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor. Find out more about Sponsor Licences here[AK1] 
  • Have enough money to support yourself while in the UK (usually at least £1,270 in your bank account)

How to Apply for a Seasonal Worker Visa

You can apply for a Seasonal Worker Visa up to 3 months before the date you are due to start work in the UK. During the application process, you will be asked to prove your identity (you may need to allow extra time on your application if you need to attend an appointment to do this) and it normally takes around 3 weeks to hear back with a decision. Remember that a Seasonal Worker Visa can only be used to undertake temporary work. If you are looking to stay in the UK on a more permanent basis or bring family members over with you, a Skilled Worker Visa [AK2] could be a more appropriate visa.

If you have any further questions on Seasonal Worker Visas or other types of work visas, our friendly team of immigration consultants are here to help. We can offer support and advice on securing your visa, making the process as easy as possible for you. Get in touch today.